Thank You for Joining Us for Shred Days!
Thank YOU for supporting Heartland Bank's 2022 recycling impact! As your trusted community bank, it is a privilege to offer this service to our communities to reduce the potential for fraud and identity theft as well as protect our cherished communities from significant paper waste pollution.
As a result of your contributions to our 16 secure, onsite shred events, we are proud to share our results below.
We look forward to shredding with you again in 2023! Please make sure to follow us on Facebook or check back on this page for updates on future Shred Events.
2022 Recycling Impact
|Number of trees saved||801|
|Gallons of oil saved||17,928|
|Pounds of pollutants saved||2,832|
|Cubic yards of landfill space saved||142|
|Kilowatts of energy saved||188,714|
|Gallons of water saved||330,251|
- All paper products. There is no need to remove paper clips, staples, rubber bands, or binder clips; our equipment will shred right through these materials without compromising the ability to recycle the shredded material.
- File folders. All file folders are accepted, even those with with metal bars.
- Spiral bound materials. Metal or plastic spirals do not need to be removed.
- 3-ring binders. Metal rings do not need to be removed.
- Ledgers. Small metal parts do not need to be removed.
- Plastic bags. Clear and white plastic bags are accepted. Black bags will need to be thrown away.
- Cardboard boxes. When materials are brought in cardboard boxes, we empty the contents of the box and give the box back. – If customers leave boxes, COPS will take those and recycle them.
- Small check boxes are minimal contaminant and are acceptable.
- Black plastic bags. When materials are brought in black plastic bags, we break open the bag, empty contents into the service bin, and collect and throw away the black plastic bags. Clear and white plastic bags are better.
Have Questions or Need Assistance?
Please call our Customer Care Center at 888-897-2276, email us*, or contact a local banker.
*This e-mail link is for general inquiries only. It is not secure e-mail. For your protection, please do not include confidential or sensitive information such as social security numbers, account numbers, etc. when using this e-mail link.