Join Us for Shred Days!
- There is a limit of 5 boxes of shred material per visit.
- You must remain with the items you want to shred at the event.
- Heartland Bank will not shred or be responsible for items left unattended, lost or stolen.
- Only acceptable materials will be shredded.
2020 Shred Days Schedule
|Princeton||698 E. Peru St. (Princeton Public Library)||Saturday, August 8||9:00 a.m. - Noon|
|Western Springs||4456 Wolf Rd.||Saturday, August 15||8:00 - 10:30 a.m.|
|Shorewood||700 W. Jefferson St.||Saturday, August 15||1:00 - 3:30 p.m.|
|Antioch||485 Lake St.||Saturday, August 22||9:00 a.m. - Noon|
|Bloomington-Normal||405 N. Hershey Rd.||Saturday, August 22||9:00 a.m. - Noon|
|Genoa||327 W. Main St.||Saturday, August 29||9:00 a.m. - Noon|
|Champaign-Urbana||1101 W. Windsor Rd.||Saturday, August 29||9:00 a.m. - Noon|
|El Paso||99 N. Elm St.||Saturday, August 29||9:00 a.m. - Noon|
|DeKalb||913 S. 4th St.||Saturday, September 19||9:00 a.m. - Noon|
|Peru||925 Shooting Park Rd.||Saturday, September 19||8:00 - 10:30 a.m.|
|Peoria||9010 N. Allen Rd.||Saturday, October 3||8:30 a.m. - Noon|
|Farmer City||333 S. Main St.||Saturday, October 3||9:00 a.m. - Noon|
|Sandwich||200 E. Church St.||Saturday, October 3||1:00 - 3:30 p.m.|
|Morton||179 E. Courtland St.||Saturday, October 17||9:00 a.m. - Noon|
|Washington||130 S. Main St.||Saturday, October 17||9:00 a.m. - Noon|
2019 Recycling Impact
|Number of trees saved||1,148|
|Gallons of oil saved||25,657|
|Pounds of pollutants saved||4,051|
|Cubic yards of landfill space saved||203|
|Kilowatts of energy saved||270,074|
|Gallons of water saved||472,630|
- All paper products. There is no need to remove paper clips, staples, rubber bands, or binder clips; our equipment will shred right through these materials without compromising the ability to recycle the shredded material.
- File folders. All file folders are accepted, even those with with metal bars.
- Spiral bound materials. Metal or plastic spirals do not need to be removed.
- 3-ring binders. Metal rings do not need to be removed.
- Ledgers. Small metal parts do not need to be removed.
- Plastic bags. Clear and white plastic bags are accepted. Black bags will need to be thrown away.
- Cardboard boxes. When materials are brought in cardboard boxes, we empty the contents of the box and give the box back. – If customers leave boxes, COPS will take those and recycle them.
- Small check boxes are minimal contaminant and are acceptable.
- Black plastic bags. When materials are brought in black plastic bags, we break open the bag, empty contents into the service bin, and collect and throw away the black plastic bags. Clear and white plastic bags are better.