Find the Savings Account to fit your lifestyle at Heartland Bank.
A basic account for every household, this account makes it easy to start saving!
- Minimum opening deposit is only $50. (Only $25 to open account for those 18 and under.)
- No monthly service fees.
- Nine withdrawals allowed per quarter. $1.75 per withdrawal thereafter. Withdrawal fee waived with minimum balance of $500 during the statement period. Please note certain restrictions apply to this type of account.^
- Interest on this variable rate account will be compounded quarterly and credited quarterly.* See Rate Sheet for current interest rate and annual percentage rate.
- You will receive statements quarterly.
Earn higher rates while keeping your money available.
For those looking to invest their dollars but still keep them accessible, Heartland Bank’s Super Money Market account is the perfect solution. This higher-balance savings account puts your money to work, yet still allows you access up to a certain amount each month. The higher your balance – the more money your money makes.
Super Money Market accounts are different from regular savings accounts for a couple reasons. First, these types of accounts earn higher interest than a regular savings account. They also require a higher balance minimum, and limit the number of withdrawals per month. After all – the point with a savings account is to save money.
Fast Facts about the Super Money Market Account
- The minimum opening deposit is $2,500.
- If your balance falls below $2,500, it’s only an $8 monthly service fee to keep it open.
- With this account, certain restrictions apply – such as the number of withdrawals. When you exceed the limit, a fee of $5 per withdrawal is instated. Make sure you read the account details to learn how it works.
- You’ll get monthly statements to track it all.
Daily Balance Information
Our Super Money Market accounts have different daily balance requirements based on levels of interest earned. The interest rate and the annual percentage yield paid on the entire balance in your account will be determined daily. Check out the various requirements to find the perfect fit for you.
- Level 1: Daily balance of $50,000 or more
- Level 2: Daily balance of $25,000-$49,999.99
- Level 3: Daily balance of $10,000-$24,999.99
- Level 4: Daily balance of less than $10,000
Interest on the variable rate Super Money Market Account is compounded and credited monthly* -- which means you'll earn interest each month! See our updated Rate Sheet for current interest rate and annual percentage rate yield for each tier.
Save tax-free for current and future qualified medical expenses.
These days, most families spend at least a few thousand dollars a year on out-of-pocket medical bills. Even with expensive insurance plans, deductibles seem to never be reached and costs are continually high.
With current regulations, healthcare is a requirement for every adult in the country. More than that, it’s vital to at least have catastrophic coverage in case of a serious emergency. You don’t want to break your arm and be stuck owing tens of thousands of dollars.
How High Deductible Health Plans Work
For catastrophic coverage, there’s the High Deductible Health Plan. It works like this: You pay a smaller monthly premium and are given coverage for emergency situations. Your deductible, the amount that must be covered prior to getting any coverage, is higher – and changes every year. This plan doesn’t cover standard doctor visits outside of those that fall under the definition of “preventive” – such as annual physicals. It also does not cover prescription drugs.
About Health Savings Accounts
Because of the high out-of-pocket expenses with High Deductible Health Plans, federal institutions instituted the Health Savings Account (HSA). This is a tax-free savings account that allows you to directly deposit money from your paycheck before federal and state taxes. You use this money to pay for qualified medical expenses such as doctor visits and prescription drugs.
The medical expenses you pay out of your HSA are also tax-free, and any leftover money in the account at the end of the year just rolls over into the next year.
The account has a limited amount of annual deposits, and changes every year. Your Heartland Bank Retail Banker will let you know all the numbers.
Breaking Down the Heartland Bank HSA
- Minimum opening deposit is only $50
- HSA set-up fee is only $20
- NO annual fee
- Your investment income grows tax-free
- First order of HSA specialty checks is FREE
- FREE HSA Visa® Check Card
- FREE Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Interest paid monthly
- Higher interest rates with balances of $2,500 or more
- Distributions made from your account to pay or reimburse qualified medical expenses are tax-free
- A 6-month HSA Certificate of Deposit is also available.
- Only $6 monthly service charge if minimum balance falls below $500.
To learn more about any of these savings accounts, visit any of our convenient locations today, or give us a call.
Customer Care Center: 888-897-2276
Monday-Friday: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
*We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. ^Electronic transfers and payments to third parties: Federal Reserve Regulation D limits the number of electronic transfers (i.e., preauthorized (ACH), automatic transfer, online, or telephone) and third party transactions to a combined total of six per month on savings and money market accounts. If an account regularly exceeds this activity, the account may be closed and reopened as a checking account. Transfers and withdrawals made in person, by messenger, by mail, or at an ATM are not limited by Regulation D; however, bank service charges may apply. Please see your account disclosure for details, and contact us if you have any questions.