Bank from the comfort of home or work.
Online Banking is a no-hassle way to keep track of your accounts, pay Heartland Bank loans, and transfer money between Heartland Bank checking and savings accounts. You can also view and print account information and check images, as well as view your Certificates of Deposit.
Enrolling for Online Banking gives you access to:
- Mobile Banking
- Online Bill Pay
- Funds Tracker
- Digital Payment Options
- Account Alerts
Personal Online Banking Enrollment
Three easy ways to enroll!
- Enroll online. Go to our Online Banking Home Page. Click the Enroll link on that page to start the enrollment process.
- Visit a local branch. See a banker at any Heartland Bank location to help you enroll.
- Call for support. Call 888-897-2276 to enroll over the phone or if you need help with your online enrollment.
Business Online Banking Enrollment*
Access the Business Enrollment Form. Complete the form, print it, and send it one of three ways:
- Mail to: Heartland Bank, Attn: Electronic Banking Department, 606 S. Main St., Princeton, IL 61356
- Fax to: 815.872.6169
- Drop it off at the Heartland Bank office nearest you.
If you do not have a printer, you may obtain an enrollment form from any of our offices.
*Based on a preference setting in Adobe Acrobat Reader, the computer you are using could possibly store the information entered on this Business Enrollment Form. To protect the privacy and security of your information, you are strongly encouraged to click the "Clear Form" button after printing your application. To disable this computer from retaining information entered onto an Acrobat form in the future: 1) Close Internet Browser. 2) Open Acrobat Reader. 3) Choose Edit > Preferences. 4) Acrobat 4.0: > General > uncheck "Web Browser Integration" 5) Acrobat 5.0: > Options > uncheck "Display PDF in Web Browser" 6) Acrobat 7.0: > General > uncheck "Keep forms data temporarily available on disk"
Set up email or text alerts and we'll let you know:
- When it's not right. Catch a fraudulent transaction immediately with a transaction alert notifying you when a debit card on your account has been used.
- When it goes through. Receive an alert when a payment clears your account.
- When it's getting low. Know when your balance drops below your set dollar amount.
Once enrolled in online banking, log in to your account, select Options, click Alert Options, and set which alerts you want to receive.