Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit
Loans secured by the equity in your home are a great way to get extra funds to update the necessities!
Heartland Bank Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit use the equity you have built up on your home to provide you cash or line of credit.
Home equity loans and lines of credit can help you make the most of your home’s growing equity since you purchased it. Loans secured by the equity in your home can provide extra funds to:
- Make it possible to build your dream kitchen
- Give your daughter her fairy-tale wedding
- Fund that adventure-filled (or relaxing) vacation
- Help you pay for college expenses
- Save you money by consolidating multiple loans
We offer two different options to help you access the equity you might have. The interest you pay may even be tax deductible*.
How Home Equity Loans Work
A Home Equity Loan or Line of Credit is an agreement where you use the equity in your home as collateral for the loan or line. Generally, these loans and lines are the second mortgage on your residence, but can also be a first mortgage. One of the biggest advantages of a home equity loan or line is the possible tax deductibility of the interest paid on these loans. Be sure to consult a tax advisor regarding tax deductibility.
A Home Equity Loan is given as one amount with a fixed monthly payment plan starting right away until the balance is paid in full. Your choice of competitive fixed interest rates and a variety of terms with minimal closing costs makes this loan affordable. Home Equity Loans are available with a fixed interest rate or a variable rate. We have a variety of loan payment options to meet your loan needs and preferences.
How Lines of Credit Work
The Home Equity Line of Credit is as easy as writing a check. The line is available whenever you need it, and you pay no interest until you use the line. Plus, as you pay back what you borrow, the money goes back to your line to be used over and over again until maturity at 10 years. By borrowing against the equity in your home, you create a line of credit that you control.
For example: If you establish a $15,000 home equity line of credit, you access these funds by simply writing a check. If you write checks for $2,500, you only pay interest on that amount. That means you still have $12,500 available to use. Pay down your line and use these funds over and over again. It's that simple...like approving your own loan whenever you want. Minimal closing costs and no annual fees make lines of credit a great option for tapping into your home’s equity.
Advantages of a Home Equity Line of Credit:
- A revolving line of credit is approved for a maximum amount and can be used and repaid repeatedly.
- Funds are available whenever you need them without going through the loan approval process over and over until maturity at 10 years.
- Funds are accessed by check, giving you easy access to cash when needed. You don't need to contact the bank each time you want to make a draw against the loan.
- Use Online Banking to deposit funds into your checking or savings account and make loan payments.
- Preferred rates for a good credit history.
- Interest assessed on the outstanding balance — Interest is charged only on the actual amount advanced.
- You save money on this account compared to a conventional loan.
- Lower rate than most other consumer loans, so you save money. Variable rates as well fixed rates for various time periods are available.
Once established, your home equity line of credit is there when you need it to use over and over again until maturity at 10 years.
It’s Simple with Heartland Bank
Our loan services are simple and decisions are made in a timely manner. With Heartland Bank, you’ll experience:
- Easy application process
- Competitive rates
- Flexible repayment terms
- Automatic payment option
- Personal, simple, and local service
To learn more about Heartland Bank’s Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit, visit any of our convenient locations today, or give us a call.
Customer Care Center: 888-897-2276
Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*All loans are subject to approval. Fees may apply. Terms and Loan to Value requirements are subject to change without notice. Consult your tax advisor regarding any tax deductibility.