Google Pay is the fast, simple way to pay with Google. It brings together everything you need at checkout and keeps your payment info safe in your Google Account until you’re ready to pay. Plus, Google Pay makes it easy to keep track of purchases, redeem loyalty points, and get personalized suggestions to help you save time and money.
To get Google Pay, you'll need to check that your Android is running Kit Kat (4.4) or higher, or that your iPhone is running iOS 10.0 or later. Your phone also needs to support NFC (Near Field Communication) and HCE (Host Card Emulation). To check for NFC, look for it in your phone’s Settings app.
To set up the Google Pay App:
- Open your phone’s Settings app and make sure NFC is turned on.
- Download the Google Pay app from the Play Store or App Store, open the app, and follow the setup instructions.
- You may need to set up a PIN, pattern, password, or fingerprint screen lock.
- Add a debit card on your Android phone
- Add a payment method on your iPhone
- Open the Google Pay app. If you have multiple Google accounts, choose the account you'd like to add your card to.
- On the bottom of your screen, select "Payment."
- Tap the "+ Payment method" button.
- Select "Credit or debit card" from the menu that appears.*
- Enter your card details, either by scanning the card with your camera or entering the details manually.
- If you're asked to verify your card, choose a verification method from the list and follow the prompts. If you are asked by the app to log in to your Heartland Bank online banking account, it is safe to do so.
- Open the Google Pay app. (If you have multiple Google Accounts in Google Pay: At the top left of the app, touch your name, then choose the account you want to add a card to.)
- On the bottom of the screen, select "Payment methods."
- Tap "Add payment method."
- Select whether you'd like to "Add credit or debit card" or "Add a bank account" from the dropdown menu at the top.*
- Enter your card or account information.
- If you’re asked to verify your card, choose a verification method from the list and follow the prompts. If you are asked by the app to log in to your Heartland Bank online banking account, it is safe to do so.
*Please note that Heartland Bank credit cards are not supported on Google Pay. For more information, contact our Customer Care Center at 888-897-2276