Below are some frequently asked questions in relation to COVID-19. If you have further questions, please contact us.
Is my money insured?
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation insures up to $250,000 per depositor, per insured depository institution. Heartland Bank is an insured depository institution. If you would like to do a review of your accounts, contact your local branch.
Will my automatic payments and direct deposits still go through?
Yes. All bill payments and direct deposits will function as normal.
What banking services do I need to make an appointment for?
The following services require an appointment. Make an appointment by calling your local branch.
- Access your safe deposit box(es).
- Open accounts other than personal checking, savings, and money market accounts. Click here to open one of these listed accounts online.
- Close on your loan. Your lender will let you know what must be done to complete your closing paperwork.
What banking services can be done with Digital Banking?
- Access account statements.
- Pay bills.
- Make loan payments.
- Deposit checks.
- Transfer money between accounts.
- Manage your debit card and stop payments.
What is Heartland Bank doing for their employees?
The safety, support, and well-being of our employees is our top priority. We are following the most up-to-date guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as federal, state, and local public health guidelines.
- Branch services have been adjusted to increase the protection of our employees. This includes lobby service by appointment only. Employees have also been asked to remain in their primary work location unless there is a critical need to go into another location.
- Recommended frequent disinfecting and cleaning protocols have been implemented at all facilities.
- Employee nonessential travel has been suspended and group training events have been postponed.
- Employees who are able to work remotely are allowed to do so and are provided with technology to be successful.
- Employees are receiving regular communication from the bank's executive leaders and from our Human Resources department.
- We are working with all employees impacted by the virus on a case by case basis to limit any financial hardships related to time off and pay.
- Employees and their families have access to a free confidential counseling service.