Capital Money Market - Iowa
Earn higher interest rates while keeping money available. Combined with a checking account, enjoy the convenience of one monthly statement for both accounts.
The Capital Money Market account is different from regular savings accounts for a couple reasons. First, this account earns higher interest than a regular savings account. It also requires a higher minimum balance.
Minimum to open $10,000
|Interest Rate||Annual Percentage Yield|
|500,001 and above**||3.00%||3.04%|
|$100,000 - $500,000||2.50%||2.53%|
|$50,000 - $99,999||2.00%||2.02%|
|$10,000 - $49,999||0.50%||0.50%|
|Less than $10,000||0.01%||0.01%|
**Interest rate is paid on that portion of the balance above $500,000
Fast Facts About the Capital Money Market Account
- The minimum opening deposit is $10,000.
- If your balance falls below $10,000, you will be charged a $15 service fee to keep the account open.
- You'll get a monthly statement to track account activity.
Daily Balance Information
Our Capital Money Market account has different daily balance requirements based on levels of interest earned. The interest rate and the annual percentage yield paid on the entire balance in your account will be determined daily. Check out the various requirements to find the perfect fit for you.
- Level 1: Daily balance of $100,000-$500,000
- Level 2: Daily balance of $50,000-$99,999
- Level 3: Daily balance of $10,000-$49,999
- Level 4: Daily balance of less than $10,000
Interest compounded and credited monthly*
These rates are effective as of July 14, 2023. Rates are for personal and business accounts only. For municipalities and other public funds, rates are provided on the commercial and public funds rate sheet. We are not accepting deposits from other financial institutions. Rates are subject to change.