10 Things to Avoid Before Closing Your Mortgage Loan
May 10th, 2019
Between your accepted offer and loan closing, don't:
- Buy a big-ticket item: a car, a boat, an expensive piece of furniture
- Quit or switch your job
- Open or close any lines of credit
- Pay bills late
- Ignore questions from your lender or broker
- Let someone run a credit check on you
- Make large deposits to your accounts outside of your paycheck
- Cosign a loan with anyone
- Change bank accounts
- Take out any payday loans
Content courtesy of the Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation. 2019.
This content is for informational purposes only. Readers should under no circumstances rely upon this information as a substitute for their own research or for obtaining specific advice from their own counsel.