10 Things to Avoid Before Closing Your Mortgage Loan
May 10, 2019
Between your accepted offer and loan closing, don't:
- Buy a big-ticket item: a car, a boat, an expensive piece of furniture
- Quit or switch your job
- Open or close any lines of credit
- Pay bills late
- Ignore questions from your lender or broker
- Let someone run a credit check on you
- Make large deposits to your accounts outside of your paycheck
- Cosign a loan with anyone
- Change bank accounts
- Take out any payday loans
Content courtesy of the Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation.
This content is for informational purposes only. Readers should under no circumstances rely upon this information as a substitute for their own research or for obtaining specific advice from their own counsel.