Tips for Success
Helpful ideas to start a career at Heartland Bank
- Fill out the application completely.
- Be honest in your answers.
- Provide a valid e-mail address in your application, and check your e-mail frequently, as this is our primary means of communication with applicants.
- Attach a one page resume that highlights your skills, knowledge, and abilities related to the job requirements.
- Proofread your application and resume for grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.
- Do your research on the company and the position.
- Arrive early.
- Dress professionally and conservatively.
- Greet the employer with a handshake.
- Make frequent eye contact.
- Smile, be polite, and try to relax.
- Listen carefully to the questions asked. Ask the interviewer to restate a question if you are confused.
- Answer questions as directly as possible using examples of how your skills and experiences would fit the job.
- Be upbeat and make positive statements.
- Prepare a few questions to ask the employer at the end of the interview.